Reports To: Creative Director
Designers at Grizzly contribute to the design process from conception to completion for client work including identity, packaging, collateral, web, and campaign design. S/he will collaborate with stakeholders internally and externally to execute on multiple projects simultaneously. In all his/her work, the Designer will ensure strategic, people-centric, bold, thoughtful, and detail-oriented design that solves client challenges in order to meet business outcomes.
Strategy and Collaboration
- Contribute to discovering and creating strategic solutions to client challenges with a commitment to the underlying “why”
- Actively find solutions and answers independently as well as within a group setting.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with other designers, developers, and strategists to achieve exceptional project outcomes.
- Clearly and confidently articulate your ideas and concepts to team members and clients.
- Solicit regular feedback to ensure design strategy is aligned with other project stakeholders.
- Contribute to creation of processes and procedures to increase productivity for the design workflow and Grizzly as a whole.
- Provide guidance to all Grizzly team members in development of general strategy, methodologies and operations.
Conceptualize and Produce Design Solutions
- Manage assigned design tasks and projects from start to finish, ensuring successful project completion against deadlines.
- Contribute to design thought leadership for our team and clients.
- Approach projects and concept development with strategic creative thinking.
- Provide thoughtful design solutions after a thorough analysis of the problem and the audience you’re designing for.
- Translate client requests into functional, original design, ensuring quality and brand consistency along the way.
- Lead pitch presentations and interface with clients.
- Create highly-effective and beautiful designs across a variety of media (including, but not limited to, web and interactive, print, mixed media, photography, and typography).
- Leverage a strong understanding of use-cases, user flows and information architecture through to all stages of design development and execution.
- Plan and execute re-designs as well as new-concept design projects from start to finish.
- Prioritize work on multiple projects while staying organized, meticulous, and motivated.
Always be Learning
- Know the current design landscape, and be aware of new trends and technologies.
- Maintain working knowledge and proficiency of all relevant design technologies (including but not limited to Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InDesign, and Edge Suite)
- Contribute to Grizzly’s growth by supporting projects, initiatives, and fellow teammates.
- Take initiative in learning and growing as a designer and as a team member.
- 3-5 years of visual design experience.
- Expert with industry-standard design tools (Figma, Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, and Sketch)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience building brand systems (identity and/or web).
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills that encompass clear, compelling communications.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with all agency personnel in developing plans, recommendations, and deliverables.
- Well developed typography skills (with knowledge of visual hierarchies).
- Strong conceptual and brainstorming skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Must be able to solicit feedback and provide constructive feedback to others.
- Excellent listening skills, with the ability to understand the needs of the client and the intended audience.
- San Diego, Austin, and/or Remote
- Flexibility with schedule to meet client commitments.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
For HR Use Only