Reports To: Kelsey Carter, VP of Business Operations
The agency accountant is a hybrid role responsible for all day-to-day accounting duties end to end, as well as minimal administrative responsibilities. The right individual will excel with the analytical aspects while embracing the responsibility and trust of the leadership team for the admin tasks. A confident and self-sufficient accountant that loves interacting with their co-workers will thrive in this role! The agency is rapidly growing, this individual will be given full ownership of creating immediate impact within Grizzly. Because this job will involve financials of an agency rooted in digital, a background understanding of technology and the various digital advertising platforms is desired, as is the ability to work cross functionally with all internal departments.
- Performing all bookkeeping functions pertinent to our business
- Reconcile and adjust various general ledger accounts, journal entries, and bank statements, ensuring accurate, complete, and timely transaction processing.
- Execute, as applicable, processes related to accounts payable and accounts receivable management, bookkeeping entries, closing the books monthly as well as payroll processes (e.g. entering contractor hours) and special projects if assigned.
- Perform reasonably complex analyses if needed (e.g. analyze monthly financials and performance metrics to improve cash flow and business efficiency; compare and analyze annual budgets and cash flow forecasts with actual results; etc.)
- Paying ad platform bills and media reconciliations
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Produce weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end invoices and reports.
- Stay ahead of the latest regulatory developments.
- Prepare and submit annual and quarterly taxes to local (city, county,) state, and federal authorities.
- Administration Lead
- Facilitate aspects of employee and client on-boarding
- Oversee employee records
- Communicate effectively and interact professionally with all levels of the organization
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work at times with little to no direct supervision but able to thrive in a team setting as well
- Quickbooks Pro
- Digital Advertising & Media Buying (general understanding)
- Previous experience at an advertising/creative agency required
- Four (4) or more years of QuickBooks experience required
- Ability to multitask, work independently, make responsible judgment calls, pay attention to details with emphasis on accuracy and meeting deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills, approaching work with positive attitude
- Must be comfortable being client facing, as necessitated by circumstance
- Experience military candidates are encouraged to apply
A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, encouraged to apply
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions.
- Must possess good organization, meeting management, time management, and excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must be based in San Diego.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Meticulous attention to detail
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.