Position Title: Strategy Director
Reports To: Chief Creative Officer
Position Summary: The Strategy Director at Grizzly is responsible for the success and experience of our client relationships, the development of strategic insights and ideas that solve client challenges, and the growth and development of our strategy team.
You’re driven to help our team and our clients reach their highest potential. You communicate effectively and inspire others with ideas that drive brand innovation. You quickly learn any client’s business and translate the needs of brand and audience to the project at hand. You know how to maintain a thriving client relationship and create new ones. You’re confident, inclusive, have a strong, original point of view, and facilitate the creativity of others - pushing the team’s thinking in pursuit of meaningful, impactful work. In this position, you will have considerable impact in driving client satisfaction and employee growth. You will be a trusted advisor to our clients, working across multiple engagements at one time. You need to be comfortable coming in at various stages of a project’s lifecycle. You’re able to define goals, provide structure and bring clarity to client objectives and deliverables.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary project team from start to finish, knowing when to pivot based on evolving circumstances and new information.
- Conduct research into brand, audience, analytics, and competition to glean insights or truths upon which creative concepts are built.
- Contribute to the development of effective, inspiring creative briefs, and work with leadership and project teams to craft robust project plans aimed at the right client problems.
- Present creative concepts and recommendations in a strategic, compelling, and inspiring way to clients and internal teams.
- Have a proactive work style. Know when to take the initiative, think big or small as needed, work autonomously or collaboratively, and provide value throughout the entire project cycle.
- Contribute to an amazing client experience – including but not limited to collaborative with account managers, leading project briefings, weekly status reports, overall project communication, and engagement wrap meetings.
- Provide frequent, well-documented, and relevant input into other areas of Grizzly business and project work, including marketing, sales, brand, digital, content, and internal culture.
- Assist in the production of project and internal deliverables, including the contribution to decks, pitches, writing, design, and other creative or administrative production.
- Research. Kick off engagements by conducting/evaluating qualitative, quantitative and competitive data to identify and validate opportunities.
- Strategy. Balancing customer needs and business objectives, develop compelling ideas, and robust, strategic plans that guide the project at hand. Define business goals and success metrics to evaluate impact over time.
- Brand. Organize brand priorities, generate original concepts, and write compelling narratives to communicate ideas. Ensure our team is building strong, cohesive brand systems that provide a foundation for current/future communication.
- Digital. Contribute to all phases of the digital process, from discovery and strategy, through design, into development and release. Work with project team to ensure there is a plan in place for post-release support, testing, and iteration.
- Content. Contribute ideas toward content deliverables and ensure that concepts adhere to the overall project strategy and brand narrative.
- Facilitation. Contribute to the design of workshops or prototyping exercises, and lead senior clients through strategic design-thinking frameworks.
- Culture. Aid in development of a positive, mission-driven internal culture. Ensure that Grizzly’s core values and strategic vision are supported and reinforced.
- Experience. Approach client relationships with emotional intelligence, contextual awareness, grace and diplomacy. Demonstrate and promote a strong culture of customer service that places the people at the center of our practice. Communicate strategic visions and present deliverables and recommendations to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Sales. Contribute to and participate in the business development process and growth at Grizzly. This includes attending sales meetings, nurturing past, current, and future relationships, and assistance in production of all materials supporting that process on an as-needed basis.
- Leadership. Lead cross-functional teams to achieve client and Grizzly goals, and contibute to the development of the strategic capabilities of our team. Provide 1:1 mentoring and group coaching, and have the communication and interpersonal skills to build strong camaraderie with the entire team. Participate in leadership meetings, reporting, and accountability, and contribute to the ongoing development of Grizzly’s strategic vision.
- 8-10 years experience in content, brand or digital strategy management.
- Master’s degree in business Administration or Marketing preferred, or equivalent experience in building agency client portfolios.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a related field required.
- Proven track record of success in leading a business/project through strategy optimization and performance improvement.
- Strong understanding of a wide range of industries, markets and brands.
- Knowledge of all functional agency departments, capabilities, and service areas.
- Innate ability to understand client needs and communicate their business through effective, compelling stories.
- Experience successfully leading teams and facilitating the creativity of others - pushing the team’s thinking in pursuit of meaningful, impactful work.
- Proven ability to build and maintain a thriving relationship with clients and build an outstanding rapport with future clients.
- Highly analytical with the ability to consume, process and transform large amounts of information into actionable insights.
- Ability to define goals, provide structure and bring clarity to client objectives and deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong research, reporting, and presentation skills; ability to translate complicated material into easily digestible and teachable information.
- Proven track record of promoting a strong culture of customer service that places the people at the center of the agency.
- Highly organized, and methodical with a natural ability to multitask and prioritize.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to make your mark as part of a creative team.
- Flexibility with schedule to meet client commitments.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.