VP of Client Success
Reports To: Kelsey Carter, COO
Grizzly is looking for an experienced VP of Client Success with 10+ years of agency and/or start up experience to work on a fast-moving and rapidly growing portfolio of accounts. This position is an essential role to the successes of our clients and agency alike.
The VP of Client Success is a strategic and innovative thinker with a broad understanding of agency offerings, and strong project and people management skills. Reporting to the COO, the VP of Client Success will be expected to manage client partnerships and cross functional agency partners, as well as deploy teams in the most efficient and productive way to execute world-class creative and strategy flawlessly.
The individual should demonstrate success building relationships at the C-suite level and advising clients through business challenges. The Vice President will have proven leadership skills, thought leadership relevant to solving complex business challenges with creative and strategy and expertise in cross-functional collaboration and communication.
- Build, nurture and expand client relationships as a senior client counselor, growing organic revenue as a result
- Masterful in building strong and lasting relationships, mentoring teams and driving the agency’s future and growth
- Bring creative and strategic thinking to every project, provide goals and objectives and develop appropriate tactics to drive results
- Establish baseline client satisfaction metrics and setting goals, constantly striving to seek opportunities for organic growth
- Understand our clients’ business and communications challenges and develop smart, insight-driven strategies to overcome those challenge
- Bring a fresh perspective to our clients and develops ideas that challenge conventions
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships through exceptional client relationship skills.
- Define and execute regular face-to-face (or remote) meeting schedule with key client stakeholders to ensure appropriate visibility and engagement.
- Oversee and approve the development, execution and maintenance of project scopes, timelines, budgets, and staffing plans from project inception to completion with consideration to concurrent agency commitments and projects.
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring our client teams have the appropriate mix of talent and resources to accomplish both agency and client goals
- Oversee and approve staffing and capacity plans across the agency. Manage forecasting
- Oversee a wide variety of creative projects simultaneously, including, but not limited to integrated campaigns, website development, branding, naming, digital content, video and/or photo production.
- Define and document best practices and contribute to department knowledge-sharing effort.
- Directly manage and provide mentorship and oversight for Production department
- Develop a team budget, manage client billings and forecasting
Internal & Client Stakeholder
- Provides leadership to all internal teams, and actively conveys the mission and values of the Agency
- Lead agency pitches for important new opportunities, garnering new business
- Maximize business potential and advance great work through masterful orchestrations of high-performing internal teams
- Provide ongoing counsel and strategy recommendations to client and to team
- Determine best practices in overall processes and ensure that they are implemented agency-wide
- Assigns duties, goals and objectives to Client Success team
- Proactively work to assure top talent stays engaged and is retained through interpersonal development, inspiring trust and confidence in our clients, implement recruitment, selection, orientation, training and on-going coaching to Client Success team
- Lead by example, demonstrate a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborating with others on approaches and solves
- Identify, activate and lead new opportunities, processes, and additional responsibilities to work more efficiently both internally and externally
- Represent the agency at client visits, conferences, industry events, and awards shows and contribute to agency related marketing efforts and thought leadership
- Continually update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
- Resolves functional conflicts through consultation with both clients and internal staff
- Maintains open and complete communications of client health with management on an on-going basis
- Minimum of 10+ years experience in hands-on account and project management, must have agency experience
- Trusted advisor and strategic partner to all agency clients
- Most comfortable when client facing and engaging multiple groups within the client’s organization when leading coordination for larger projects.
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions.
- Strong experience in creative production, with the ability to coordinate efforts with cross-functional teams from the conception of a project to delivery of assets with attention to detail, enthusiasm for the process, resourcefulness and exceptional client services.
- A deep understanding of the creative project process and the ability to monitor progress for timely execution.
- Must be able to build, track and stay on budget through project conception to completion.
- Excellent judgment with the ability to proactively identify issues and/or obstacles and effectively create solutions.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to champion project team morale.
- Superior ability to work in a collaborative manner, both with internal teams and clients.
- Ability to make sound decisions, think strategically, problem solve, multi-task while remaining hyper-focused on the details.
- Must possess good organization, meeting management, time management, and excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to identify strategic needs, lead all aspects of planning with sound business recommendations, and generate alignment with key business partners.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills that encompass clear, compelling communications.
- Ability to manage multiple business initiatives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to operate with significant autonomy and discretion.
- Expert knowledge of all functional agency departments, capabilities and service areas.
- Deep understanding of a wide range of industries, markets and brands, and what it takes to stand out and service them.
- Work from Wherever, home base must be in Southern California
- Up to 30% travel
- Flexibility with schedule to meet client commitments.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.