Position Title: VP of Strategy
Reports To: Chief Creative Officer
Position Summary: The VP, Strategy role at Grizzly is held accountable for exceptional strategy output and the success and experience of our client relationships.
This role is responsible for our overall strategic plan, providing direction across our most critical accounts, driving strategy on key pitches and growing the discipline and teams. Our VP of Strategy is a respected thought leader, a strong collaboration, a great presenter and can motivate teams and clients effectively.
You’re driven to help our team and our clients reach their highest potential. You communicate effectively and inspire others with ideas that drive brand innovation. You quickly learn any client’s business and translate the needs of brand and audience to the project at hand. You know how to maintain a thriving client relationship and create new ones. You’re confident, inclusive, have a strong, original point of view, and facilitate the creativity of others - pushing the team’s thinking in pursuit of meaningful, impactful work.
In this position you will have considerable impact in driving client satisfaction and employee growth. You will be a trusted advisor to our clients, working across multiple engagements at one time. You need to be comfortable coming in at various stages of a project’s lifecycle. You’re able to define goals, provide structure and bring clarity to client objectives and deliverables.
Lead, Coach and Develop Strategy Team
- Work closely with the Account and cross-functional leads to provide strategic direction for brands across the agency
- Represent the creative strategy group to clients and internal teams by leveraging our offerings to solve client problems
- A proven expert in research and strategic thinking, with the ability and interest in writing and championing strategies for our clients
- Constantly searching for new ways of constructing effective and inspiring strategies
- Attract, develop and retain top creative talent.
- Inspire and motivate the team creatively with high expectations, accountability, and support.
- Provide clear creative direction/guidance and timely and constructive feedback to optimize creative processes and deliver excellent work on time and on budget.
- Deliver ongoing coaching, feedback and performance reviews—providing team members with opportunities to grow and thrive creatively.
- Determine staffing plans and overall reporting structure for the team.
- Manage allocation of talent for new business pitches and ensure staffing requirements are met.
Collaborate, Motivate and Sell to Clients:
- Serve as the strategic expert, providing strong strategic thinking to multidisciplinary teams for both existing and prospective clients
- Skilled at translating client’s business objectives and brand strategies
- Promote and facilitate a culture of collaboration between the agency and clients.
- Listen to and synthesize client feedback in a way that benefits the work.
- Ensure creative objectives and approaches align with both agency and client goals.
- Deliver forward-thinking solutions that meet our clients’ strategic needs.
- Lead creative for new business and help pitch new business.
- Develop relationships with key clients.
- Present and sell great creative work to clients.
- Establish methodologies for approaching major strategic issues by leveraging and standardizing existing practices
- Create frameworks for all aspects of agency deliverables and brand planning across various channels and platforms
- Partner with creative team to create and update case studies each quarter that illustrate the compelling stories of our best work
- Prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short-term and long-term needs, including timelines, budgets, and availability change.
- Partner with CCO on creative operations to ensure that all processes, tools, expectations, and products are in keeping with the ideals set forth for the agency and our clients.
- Ensure that Grizzly is consistently creating leading-edge ideas and campaigns.
- Act as a partner to fellow leadership team members, engaging in constructive critiques in service of the best ideas for our brands.
- Create understanding, expertise, and discipline within the creative department and agency on its use.
- Ensure representation of work in key industry competitions.
- 15+ years overall experience, including traditional brand planning and digital marketing
- Extensive experience with consumer insight driven brand strategy for large, global brands.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience working with C-level clients and across entire organizations.
- Experience across digital and traditional advertising, across multiple client sectors.
- Proven pitch track record of leading and winning 5mm+ accounts.
- Great reputation and industry awards.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
- Flexibility with schedule to meet client commitments.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
For HR Use Only