Reports To: VP of Client Success
Grizzly is looking for an Account Director with 8+ years of agency experience to work on a fast-moving and rapidly growing portfolio of accounts.
Reporting to the VP of Client Success, the Account Director will be expected to build and nurture relationships with senior level client leadership. This person is excellent in building strong, trusting and lasting relationships. This person is an expert on the client business, providing a strong vision, perspective and direction aimed at solving our client’s largest business challenges.
The individual is viewed as an agency expert, and is continually advancing agency reputation through thought leadership and relationships. They will oversee multiple creative projects and internal/external partner relationships simultaneously.
The Account Director will demonstrate strong leadership, collaboration, and communication while working closely across multiple cross-functional agency teams, proactively solving against creative and logistical challenges.
The Account Director is a confidante and senior counselor for clients, driving strategic relationship building at all levels of organizations.
- Manage client relationships on agency's largest accounts, strategic owner of clients’ business and brand
- Oversee the development and stewardship of agency’s accounts to address business objectives, drive new opportunities and optimize agency growth
- Develop and ensure success of client communications
- Leverage industry knowledge and experience to proactively identify and recommend new ideas and opportunities to exceed client expectations
- Contribute to new business growth and development
- Oversee multiple client engagements of varying sizes in a fast-paced environment.
- Seek opportunities for organic growth and actively participate in agency development and new business initiatives
- Understand our clients’ business and communications challenges and develop smart, insight-driven strategies to overcome those challenge
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships through exceptional client relationship skills.
- Define and execute regular face-to-face (or remote) meeting schedule with key client stakeholders to ensure appropriate visibility and engagement.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate robust account plans conducting regular reviews with stakeholders.
- Improve our clients' experiences to develop business strategies for continuous improvement
- Drive the strategic framing and development of new business brands, business objectives and opportunities and creative and strategy efforts
- Serve as trusted advisor and business partner to new business opportunities as both a key client contact and internal client representative
- Drive growth with existing and prospective clients
- Lead agency pitches for important new opportunities, garnering new business
Internal & Client Stakeholder
- Drive the vision of the Client Experience department and its ability to lead high-quality, collaborative and integrated teams and work
- Cast vision for internal and external client teams, based on knowledge of client and specific needs of opportunity
- Continually increase knowledge of client’s business and industry, serving as the client’s first line consultant.
- Drive agency reputation through industry thought leadership and relationships
- Earn influence as an agency expert
- Support the Production team in providing the utmost level of client service
- Train, mentor and provide advice and direction to Client Experience team
- Ensure deliverables align with client expectations
- Lead by example, demonstrate a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborating with others on approaches and solves
- Identify, activate and lead new opportunities, processes, and additional responsibilities to work more efficiently both internally and externally
- Represent the agency at client visits, conferences, industry events, and awards shows and contribute to agency related marketing efforts and thought leadership
- Continually update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
- Resolves functional conflicts through consultation with both clients and internal staff
- Maintains open and complete communications of client health with management on an on-going basis
- Minimum of 8 years experience in hands-on account management and executive level relationship building, must have agency experience
- Most comfortable when client facing and engaging multiple groups within the client’s organization when leading coordination for larger projects.
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions.
- Strong selling and negotiation skills
- A deep understanding of the creative project process and the ability to monitor progress for timely execution.
- Ability to establish interpersonal, lasting relationships with clients that transcend our scope of work
- Comprehensive knowledge of clients’ business, goals and objectives
- Ability to lead and win complex new business pitches
- Excellent judgment with the ability to proactively identify issues and/or obstacles and effectively create solutions.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to champion project team morale.
- Superior ability to work in a collaborative manner, both with internal teams and clients.
- Ability to make sound decisions, think strategically, problem solve, multi-task while remaining hyper-focused on the details.
- Must possess good organization, meeting management, time management, and excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills that encompass clear, compelling communications.
- Ability to manage multiple business initiatives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to operate with significant autonomy and discretion.
- Expert knowledge of all functional agency departments, capabilities and service areas.
- Deep understanding of a wide range of industries, markets and brands, and what it takes to stand out and service them.
- Work from Wherever, home base must be in Southern California or Central Texas
- Up to 35% travel
- Flexibility with schedule to meet client commitments.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.