Reports To: Account Director
Grizzly is looking for an Account Manager with 5+ years of agency experience to work on a fast-moving and rapidly growing portfolio of accounts.
Reporting to an Account Director, the Account Manager will be expected to build and nurture relationships within client organizations. This person is excellent in building strong, trusting and lasting relationships. Help grow in-house accounts by upselling and managing the client relationship, client expectations, priorities and deliverables.
This individual will use discretion and make decisions based on good business judgement based on business needs, industry trends and client needs, ensuring that the client’s deliverables exceed expectations.
The Account Manager will demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and will be a trusted resource among agency counterparts, with strong collaboration, and communication skills, working closely across multiple cross-functional agency teams, proactively solving against creative and logistical challenges.
The Account Manager will effectively lead teams to create, implement and ultimately deliver excellent, world-class creative solutions to our client’s biggest business needs.
- Manage client relationships across agency
- Oversee the development and stewardship of agency’s accounts to address business objectives, drive new opportunities and optimize account growth
- Ensure success of client communications
- Leverage industry knowledge and experience to proactively identify and recommend new ideas and opportunities to exceed client expectations
- Oversee multiple client engagements of varying sizes in a fast-paced environment.
- Seek opportunities for organic growth and actively participate in agency development and new business initiatives
- Understand our clients’ business and communications challenges and develop smart, insight-driven strategies to overcome those challenge
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships through exceptional client relationship skills.
- Define and execute regular face-to-face (or remote) meeting schedule with key client stakeholders to ensure appropriate visibility and engagement.
- Maintain strong understanding of client’s industry
- Deliver strategic client presentations and provide recommendations that are concise, insightful and strategic
- Overseeing the deliverables to ensure they are on-scope and delivered at agency and client standards
- Drive the strategic framing and development of new business brands, business objectives and opportunities and creative and strategy efforts
- Serve as trusted advisor and business partner to new business opportunities as both a key client contact and internal client representative
- Drive growth with existing and prospective clients
- Lead agency pitches for important new opportunities, garnering new business
- Minimum of 5 years experience in hands-on account management, must have agency experience
- Most comfortable when client facing.
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions.
- Strong selling and negotiation skills
- A deep understanding of the creative project process and the ability to monitor progress for timely execution.
- Ability to establish interpersonal, lasting relationships with clients that transcend our scope of work
- Comprehensive knowledge of clients’ business, goals and objectives
- Ability to support and participate in complex new business pitches
- Ability to make sound decisions, think strategically, problem solve, multi-task while remaining hyper-focused on the details.
- Must possess good organization, meeting management, time management, and excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills that encompass clear, compelling communications.
- Ability to manage multiple business initiatives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to operate with significant autonomy and discretion.
- Expert knowledge of all functional agency departments, capabilities and service areas.
- Deep understanding of a wide range of industries, markets and brands, and what it takes to stand out and service them.
- Work from Wherever, home base must be in Southern California
- Up to 35% travel
- Flexibility with schedule to meet client commitments.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.