Director, Creative Operations & Talent
Reports To: Kelsey Carter, COO
The Director, Creative Operations & Talent is Grizzly’s champion for building and supporting company culture by leading and owning recruitment and retention across all agency projects. This position requires strong organizational and planning skills, decision-making within the scope of the position’s responsibilities, and the use of discretion and good judgment. The Director, Creative Operations & Talent is responsible for understanding how design, development, marketing, and strategy work is staffed and is executed, as well as proactive learning about emerging disciplines, how teams work together, and have expertise and skill in staffing across disciplines. This position will collaborate and support the company executives, team leaders, and individual contributors, allowing the company to scale and develop quickly while continuing to be a great place to work. This person is a motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Ultimately, in this role, you will be responsible for connecting all Grizzly contributors while remaining organized, positive and supportive.
Resource Planning & Maintaining
- Collaborate with sales and new business to support the execution of project scopes to ensure proper resource allocation and utilization
- Develop and oversee the execution of resourcing strategies in coordination and collaboration with the leadership team and project leads.
- Responsible for understanding staffing needs on all active projects, as well as the pipeline of potential projects
- Understand capabilities, interests, skills, and strengths of internal and freelance team members across all disciplines
- Manage and execute a process for team allocations & project assignments across all disciplines
- Solicit feedback on resourcing workflow and process and make adjustments as needed
- Maintain and provide ongoing visibility into resource utilization and availability
- Uphold Grizzly standards and culture through all communications to increase staff positivity and retention
- Help scale existing processes for growth and innovation based on business needs.
- Support the completion of vendor paperwork (including NDAs, requests for new contracts, new vendor paperwork, additional scope requests, etc.) and support invoice process, as needed
- Analyze data from the project management platform to get share utilization rates, billability, etc. to maintain budgets and work across the organization.
Communicating with Internal & External Project Teams
- Ensure the leadership team is advised on staffing challenges and pain points across the agency
- Work with discipline leads to identifying appropriate staffing and project opportunities
- Communicate freelance needs and/or outsourced personnel needs to COO for approvals
- Serve as liaison between internal teams and freelance personnel for Grizzly expectations and goals
- Resolve staffing challenges across the agency based on business and agency goals
- Provide weekly staffing progress updates to team leads and management
- Own onboarding of all freelancers and/or outsourced personnel
- Maintain Grizzly freelance database
- Forecast, allocate, and monitor workload for delivery teams across all projects
- Provide early visibility of impending resource gaps/needs or capacity shortfalls
- Advocate and champion agency processes, maintaining adherence to objectives, processes, and timelines.
- Perform administrative oversight of projects via project management, financial, and digital asset management systems.
- Support efforts for continual resourcing process improvements
- Plan and forecast appropriate headcount levels for each department and work with hiring managers to create job descriptions and recruiting campaigns to attract large numbers of high-quality candidates
- Take initial calls from candidates and determine if they are a fit for the team and the role
- Oversee talent acquisition team to ensure candidates are moving through the pipelines and that hiring requirements are met
- Develop innovative and forward-thinking talent acquisition strategies.
- Oversee the organization's growing recruiting function, ensuring that the team is hiring exceptionally talented and diverse staff to meet the organization's long term talent needs
- Ability to handle confidential information with sensitivity and professionalism
- Prepare necessary Recruitment materials for meetings
- Support leadership as needed
- 8-10 years experience in hands-on project management and/or recruitment, either in an agency setting or otherwise.
- Experience in growing, managing, and inspiring internal teams.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and/or Mac equivalent programs.
- Ability to lead the people-centered efforts in the organization.
- Proficient in Google Suite, Slack, and project management systems, such as Asana.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills: anticipating roadblocks and risks and offering solutions.
- Able to manage multiple assignments and projects under tight deadlines.
- Able to work well on a team with a wide range of creative people and personalities.
- Highly self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Have a track record of enhancing and shaping organizational culture.
- Creative, enthusiastic, and solution-oriented team player.
- Flexibility with schedule to meet client commitments.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.